Tagtastic 7 + 7

I've been tagged -- which is nice b/c it gives me something to write about -- so here are the rules I'm following (since I was tagged twice I'll share 14 things -- but still stick with tagging 7 people) If you are one of my lucky 7 below then you need to also do the following:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my 14:

1. I have to read before bed....even if it's reading an Time magazine from 2 years ago....gotta read something. I'm a chronic bathroom reader too -- I'll read shampoo bottles if there's nothing else.

2. I have a size 12 foot.....which means I should be tall.....someone forgot to give me that memo.

3. I once bought a carp from the neighborhood traveling fish monger. I thought I was getting something tropical. We put it in the bathtub and tried to convince my mom we should keep it.

4. I only liked FunDip Lickastick because I thought it was a good value for my 50 cents...it made my tongue bleed and didn't really taste good.

5. Whenever I planned to run away I always packed my library card.

6. I stink at math. Really stink. It's a good thing I taught 5th grade math -- because after that...it was all greek to me.

7. I met and lobbied Sen. Kennedy in 1996. His office called me days later to invite me to testify before the Senate about higher education funding -- and when I answered the phone I nearly hung up because I thought it was a joke. (I didn't get to go because a student from the late, great Sen. Wellstone's state went instead)

8. I didn't know Boy George was gay.

9. I don't like true-crime or creepy TV shows. Nope. Not one bit. I do like cheesy reality tv most of the time.

10. But I love following the news. Love love love NPR. I want to work at NPR or at least get a photo taken in front of the headquarters.

11. When I used to petition, I used it as an excuse to talk to all the hot guys that normally wouldn't talk to me. Amazing what a clipboard will do.

12. I've taken the Greyhound across the country twice (Vermont to Seattle, Nevada to Vermont) -- it was long but amazing. I think every 19 year old should do it at least once.

13. I've never been to Europe but I've been to lots of states....but not overseas. Humm. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a scratch ticket.

14. I firmly believe that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and my cup is half full (even when someone knocks it over and the glass breaks) --- but it's through support, love and laughter I can keep my head above water.

14.5 Being honest about the struggles we're facing has amazed me -- so many people are in the same boat or have had something along the same lines come their way -- it's a comfort to know.

Tagged:
Sarah
Helen
TravelGirl
Lisa
CraftyLibrarian
Elise
LisaG

1 comments:

Marie,
We are in Alabama. Might you be moving here? What kind of work does Yuri do? Are things better at your house? I have been thinking about you.
Michelle

5/28/2008 9:29 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home