400th post..give thanks

It's Thanksgiving - and we are thankful. The house smells like pumpkin pie and sweet potatoes. It's finally sunny after several days of stormy rain. Victor is snoozing - getting ready for his chance to have turkey and other thankgiving treats.
I think this is one of my favorite holidays because we're just focused on being together and enjoying all the many gifts we are fortunate to have in our lives -- like our health, food to fill our bellies, peace and safety in our home - and best of all - friends and family to enjoy it all.

Last year we were getting ready for Yuri to have his heart surgery -- so I am so very thankful to have him here with us. I am thankful the surgery worked and his heart is healthy. What a relief that has been. It was scary going into it all -- talking about the 'what if's' and having the plans if any of the risks the docs went over with us happened. I am thankful that he has been giving the opportunity to be caring, uproarious daddy. I am so thankful that Victor knows his daddy and lights up when he sees Yuri walk through the door at night -- 2 faces light up when he walks into the house for sure.

I am so thankful for the health of us all for sure. You don't realize how much you take all those organs for granted until there's a concern -- then you become obsessed with all-things heart related.

I am thankful for my family -- tossed here & there throughout the country -- but we connect with each other - try to support each other, laugh, vent, BS, gossip and worry here and there. Even if we aren't right here together - I'm thankful I have a family that wants to connect - that makes an effort to connect and shares our lives with each other.

I am thankful for my friends -- here, there and everywhere --- there are those who we walk with every couple days sharing our lives and challenges - those who we chat with like we're family sharing it all until there is nothing left to say..or the batteries on our phones give out - those who are willing to hang with the boy, those who are happy to create and laugh so hard I have to use my inhaler.

I am thankful for the balance in my life right now -- I am happy to be at work when I'm there - and I am happy to be at home when I'm here. Balance is a blessing. There are days when I wish I could be a stay at home mom - but I know that I would get ants in my pants - and Victor would get dragged from my appointments vs. being home on our days and spending time together -- focused on learning, fun and pulling everything off the shelves.

I am thankful for our home -- what a blessing it is to have a safe place to live -- a yard for Victor to run around, and neighbors who are kind. I cover the Africa and the Middle East news at work - and I know that many for people in the world a safe home is something they are still hoping for. I wish for peace and safety for children all over the world.

I am thankful for being creative -- while the end product might not be perfect -- but I'm thankful that I am willing to try and create -- and I don't mind what happens and feel ok with putting it out there better for worse.

Right now my toes are freezing -- so I'll be thankful for warm socks in just a moment.

3 comments:

You made me all weepy! This was such a great post! Miss you tons!!! Hope shopping was successful! :)

11/24/2006 8:22 AM  

You made me all weepy! This was such a great post! Miss you tons!!! Hope shopping was successful! :)

11/24/2006 8:22 AM  

You made me all weepy! This was such a great post! Miss you tons!!! Hope shopping was successful! :)

11/24/2006 8:23 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home