Here I am at 40 weeks! At the appointment today we learned that Victor isn't interested in coming out the traditional way, so we scheduled a c-section for next Wednesday. While, part of me is sad that I won't have the labor adventure -- to be able to wake Yuri up and tell him "It's time.." and have that experience -- but what's more important is for Victor and I be healthy. I also figured that maybe by making a plan for a c-section, we'll have labor on our own -- because somehow that's how life works. Make a plan, only to have it changed. All of that is fine with me.

The doctor seemed surprised that at 40 weeks we still have NOTHING - not a sign of ANYTHING. Perpetually pregnant lady is me -- :) If next week, we have an appointment the day before, things look different, we might make different choices.

My mom and I were driving back from the appointment, and I said " Wow, it's pretty amazing, in one week a new person is going to come and live with us!" -- my Mom said "Who?" -- we started laughing so hard after that.

5 comments:

I thought about you on the 7th, and today. I couldn't believe you hadn't given birth yet. You're right, though. I wouldn't want to come out now either. Maybe when he does it will be a more auspicious moment.
Take care,
Carol

9/08/2005 4:34 PM  

Dang. My note from last week didn't show up. I think I typed the thingy. Hope this and my previous post today show up.

9/08/2005 4:37 PM  

Marie, stop milking this for all it's worth and have that kid already, will ya?! And tell him Uncle Jay says hey, all the way from the Land of Port.

9/10/2005 10:58 PM  

Marie! I can't wait. I am glad Momma is there with you and Yuri. Give them both my love and blessings. If Victor is ok why the section and not just slowly induce? I am thinking about you a lot and sending good wishes!
Carol Rudinski

9/12/2005 7:53 PM  

Men - I love that picture :o)

9/21/2005 3:56 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home