Well, in 4 hours it will offically be my due date....but I feel like it's close enough for me now...So I've made it to 40 weeks. 10 weeks ago we thought he was coming -- afraid of a premie -- and now we have a full term baby hiding out. It's still pretty amazing that a real person, and actual person is hanging out inches from my fingers as I poke my belly. Being that he's a Virgo, perhaps he's taken this due date business seriously, and it just waiting til midnight to get the party started. (it would be pretty funny if my water broke at midnight! -- and I'm pretty sure that no matter how much I wish my water to break, it doesn't work -- I guess I don't really have Jedi mind power)

My mom is here with us now -- she has been really helpful -- organizing things, getting my closets in order and being supportive. It's been great having her here. She of course cried seeing me huge and pregnant - I imagine it's pretty strange to see your child, with child. I can barely wrap my arms around the fact that I'M having a child -- so I can't imagine what it'll be like when he has a child some day. As I watch kids in the neighborhood get on the school bus - it's hard to believe in 5 short years he'll be getting on the bus -- my life has changed in 5 years - but a child's life really changes in that time.

Since we've been married, Yuri has called me 'wifey' -- he's an electrical engineer, and develops Wi-Fi technology, so he calls me Wi-Fi instead sometimes. The other night, as I struggled to roll myself over -- he said 'Oh Masha -- you are now Wi-Max!' we laughed pretty hard about that! :)

Tommorrow we have another docs appointment - to see if there has been any progress (I doubt it) and what options we have to getting Victor out if he isn't interested in being born sooner rather than later. Poor child - I'm sure the state of the world is just too scary, so he'd rather hide out -- and I suppose if I had a womb to hide out in, I would too!

1 comments:

Get that baby out! I wanna see him! I know he's gonna be a cutey, but if he stays in there much longer, he'll be pruney (you know, soaking in the tub too long!).

Anyway, glad to see you're still doing good and keeping up that sense of humor.

9/06/2005 10:49 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home