Love our way

Yuri's meeting gets cancelled because the participants are stuck in Detroit. They cancelled the meeting -- but never cancelled the catered lunch.

I get a call – he’s explaining -- excitedly this culinary find. He’s really excited by this mistake.

An email follow up: I will let you know if there will be any leftovers.

Followed by: We are all set with the dinner tonight: three different salads and three sandwiches.
Do you want me to grab one more sandwich for the bug?

I replied – That would be great!

He calls a little while later – excited still..maybe even a little out of breath – “Do you want cookies? There are cookies!” He doesn’t like cookies – but he got 5 for us.

This is an example of our kind of love. It’s not about butterflies and rainbows, but everyday little ways to make life good.

3 comments:

That's so sweet. I hope dinner was great.

3/05/2008 7:13 PM  

How cute.

3/05/2008 10:40 PM  

I'm a little choked up cause its the little things like that that make life sweet.

3/06/2008 12:25 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home