I was putting Victor to bed tonight (normally a Daddy and V event) but gave Daddy a night off -- so after reading some stories, talking about the day (train, big truck, Emma, tooot tooot, train) and some snuggles -- there was some wait while he settles into sleep time. Curled next to me, he was cozy but figety until sleep took over. I got to just lay in the dark, awake but relaxed and think. You forget how nice that is to do every now and again.
I love how during that time thoughts can string together -- from one thing to an other -- Britney....Iran....homework.....need to find something to wear.....did I mail that off....what will I read next.... So wonderfully random.
We've been waiting for Victor to talk - and we had hints here and there that he does have something to say -- so I wanted to stop and document the words he has now (some more clear than others of course)
- Toot toot
- Bye (which he also uses when he would like us to stop something - like giving him medicine that doesn't taste good -- he turns his head and says Bye -- bless his little heart)
- Annie (Felecia & Kevin's dog who visited for a couple days)
- Big truck
- See ya
- See you guys
- All right
- Shoes -- saying like my grandma does -- more like cheews
- Pervez Musharraf (are you paying attention?) :)
- Juice -- which sounds a lot like shoes
This has been a huge area of growth for him who just 8 weeks ago figured out Momma. YEAH VICTOR!
Want to see a cute picture? Check out what Sarah posted!
Edited to add:
- Bye Girl or Bye Girls
- Baba (for his paci)