A letter

Dear Victor --
A year ago you got sick and had to stay in the hospital for a day. It was a frightening time for us both -- Daddy was traveling, Grandma Hedy was going home & we both were sick with the rotavirus. It wasn't an easy week -- between the mounds of laundry, trying to keep your temp up at night & keeping you hydrated. I remember the week mostly because over 5 days I got about 12 hours of sleep. It wasn't an easy week.
We've learned a lot in this last year -- you've learned to run, climb and go go go! I've learned to take a deep breath, pick up messes and ask for help when I need it. It's not easy for us both -- you run into walls here and there, and I work hard to juggle gracefully. All in all - I think we're doing well.
From the baby who was happy to go anywhere - you've developed opinions & are happy to share how you're feeling. Mostly you want to tip over trash cans, pull things off tables, and run around outside. It's a balancing act again - allowing you the freedom of expressing your wants/needs/desires. It's hard for a mommy to know when to trump ya' or not.
You are a very loving child and I'm so thankful for all the ways you share your heart with us. I'm amazed at the fountain of love that comes out of you. Hugging legs, patting heads, pulling up shirts to blow raspberries on bellies -- you are a dear little boy with a big heart.

Love you bundles -- Boob lady (code name Mommy)

1 comments:

This is just beautiful. And I have to say I love the photos, especially the one of him eating the socks. That was just too funny! Looks like the photo session was a lot of fun, well, for Victor at least.

2/11/2007 11:44 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home